On Friday was Africa Day, which means that we had another lovely long weekend.
We spend time doing things as a family, and fixed some little things around the house.
This is a warm-up for the big things we will have to fix soon. My pergola is breaking apart and the roof beams are
starting to bend...
But this is luckily a story for another day.
In case you are interested in what Namibia looks like, here are some pics from our hike yesterday.
We went all the way around a dam, and then had a drink at a beer garden close by.
Encounter on the dam wall:
Half-way around the dam:
This husky pup is just a month older then Lola, but she wasn't too sure on having him for a playmate:
The next two shots were taken by Eva:
I love the beauty and the silence out here:
Whatever was standing here probably got flooded:
Close to civilization again:
The first sip of shandy is the best! The beer garden was crawling with kids and dogs, keeping Eva and our dogs happily occupied:
Making more friends:
And now onto something else:
While downloading my e-mails earlier today I discovered that lovely Dawn from Words of Deliciousness has suggested me for an award:
Food Stories Award for Excellence in Story Telling
Here is how it works:
1. The nominee should visit the award site http://foodstoriesblog.com/food-stories-award/ and leave a comment indicating that they have been nominated and by whom. (This step is so important because it's the only way our judges will know who is being considered for the monthly presentation).
2. The Nominee should thank the person that nominated them by posting & including a link to their blog.
Thank you dear Dawn!
3. Share one random thing about yourself in your blog post:
I can never think of anything when these kind of questions are asked. Hope that counts :-)
4. Select at least five other bloggers that you enjoy reading their stories and nominate them for the award.
My list of bloggers:
4. Blog Schmog
5. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog, including a link to the award site.
Food stories will put together a team of judges to review all nominees and to select a Food Stories Award Winner for each month. More information to come on what fabulous opportunities await for those lucky winners!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
Lots of love,